Democracy Runs on Citizen Involvement
Here's how you can help:
The Whatcom Democrats work year-round to develop the communications networks, electioneering tools, and leadership and volunteer skills to support candidates who share our values.
- Become a PCO (Precinct Committee Officer). The PCO is the party’s representative in each neighborhood. Step up to organize your precinct's voter contact by serving as an appointed Precinct committee Officer (PCO) or Precinct Captain. See list.
- Join the Outreach Committee and help develop ways to reach out to the general community. March in parades, staff booths at local festivals. Call 671-7661 for latest meeting information.
- Join the Issues and Resolutions Committee and discuss issues that interest you. Meetings are held on the last Thursday of each month, at 6:00.
- Join the Events Planning/Finance Committee. We need people who like to plan events. Fundraisers are needed to make sure we are ready for campaign season.
- Committee leadership is currently needed for Affirmative Action, Membership and Events Planning/Finance Committees. Contact the Chair
- Support the work of others as an Office Staff person. Call the office during their hours
- Come early to our monthly meeting and help set up chairs.
- Tell us what you want to do. Contact the Chair.
When campaign season starts (typically in June), the Whatcom Democrats swing into action.
- Neighborhood Canvassing - join our weekend or weekday canvassing teams, talking to Democrats about our candidates and how important this election is. Training always provided.
- Phone calling to voters to find out how they will vote.
- Staff our booth at the NW WA Fair in Lynden, M-S, August 12 - 17 VOLUNTEER NOW
- Help organize a neighborhood gathering to meet the candidates. You provide an outdoor setting, we bring the chairs, everything else. We also need someone with a truck to haul our gear to these events. VOLUNTEER NOW
- Finger-food snacks for our office and phone-calling volunteers and staff to munch on while working. Low mess and healthy appreciated. We'd love to take those extra cherry tomatoes off your hands. Surely you can't eat them all! Just drop them off at the office any time. Zucchini only in the form of bread or muffins, please ;-)
- Office help in the Campaign office, answering the phone, greeting walk-ins, and otherwise keeping the office staffed and open during our high activity times of Saturdays and weekdays 4 - 8 pm. People willing to commit to a regular shift will be showered with praise and trained for even more important work!
Permanent Party office, 647-7661, 215 W. Holly Street, Suite B-27, Bellingham DIRECTIONS