Democracy Runs on Citizen Involvement
Here's how you can help:
The Whatcom Democrats work year-round to develop the communications networks, electioneering tools, and leadership and volunteer skills to support candidates who share our values.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Campaign activities for our four County Council candidates are being run out of our Whatcom Wins Campaign Office, Herald Building #106. 1155 N State St. Bellingham, WA. The office is open most days, all day and evening. Call ahead at 360-220-7828.
- Neighborhood Canvassing - join our weekend or weekday canvassing teams, talking to Democrats about our candidates and how important this election is. Training always provided. VOLUNTEER NOW
- Phone calling to voters to find out how they will vote. VOLUNTEER NOW
- Staff our booth at the NW WA Fair in Lynden, M-S, August 12 - 17 VOLUNTEER NOW
- Help organize a neighborhood gathering to meet the candidates. You provide an outdoor setting, we bring the chairs, everything else. We also need someone with a truck to haul our gear to these events. VOLUNTEER NOW
- Finger-food snacks for our office and phone-calling volunteers and staff to munch on while working. Low mess and healthy appreciated. We'd love to take those extra cherry tomatoes off your hands. Surely you can't eat them all! Just drop them off at the office any time. Zucchini only in the form of bread or muffins, please ;-)
- Office help in the Campiagn office, answering the phone, greeting walk-ins, and otherwise keeping the office staffed and open during our high activity times of Saturdays and weekdays 4 - 8 pm. People willing to commit to a regular shift will be showered with praise and trained for even more important work!
If you are interested in helping one of the other endorsed candidates, we suggest you contact them directly to find out their needs.
ON-GOING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Step up to organize your precinct's voter contact by serving as an appointed Precinct committee Officer (PCO) or Precinct Captain. See list.
- Committee leadership is currently needed for Affirmative Action and Finance. Contact the Chair
- Support the work of others as an Office Staffperson. Call the office during their hours
- Tell us what you want to do. Contact the Chair.
Permanent Party office, 647-7661, 215 W. Holly Street, Suite B-27, Bellingham DIRECTIONS